First United Methodist Church - Bunnell, Florida
To make God's LOVE real in our Community.
For everyone to know the transforming power of God's LOVE.
“The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me, because the Lord hath anointed Me
to preach good tidings unto the meek.
He hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives,
and the opening of the prison to them that are bound,
"To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God;
to comfort all that mourn..."
Worship Update – July 2021
As more people have been vaccinated, and the number of COVID-19 cases in our area continue to dwindle, we have amended our COVID-19 policies to reflect the present situation ̶ always with a careful eye on the Delta Variant.
- If you are ill⎯even a little⎯please stay home. Virus or no virus, your health and the health of others is important.
- Worship will continue to broadcast on our Facebook page. If you are unable to join us virtually at 11:00am, the service is recorded for viewing anytime.
- Face masks/face coverings are requested for those who have not been vaccinated, or have chosen not to be vaccinated.
- Sign in when you arrive so we may track attendance, and contact you in the event that someone in the congregation has contracted COVID.
- All pews are open, with the exception of the 2 rows around the video camera.
- Over the past few months, we have gradually returned to live singing, yet will continue to use some preproduced worship songs as they enhance the worship experience.
- Worship elements such as passing of the peace and the offering plates are once again a part of worship.
- The invitation to come and celebrate Holy Communion is now offered, and those who choose to participate may now come forward to the table. You can continue to use the prepackaged cup with wafer and juice.
- Hymnals, pew bibles, prayer cards, and offering envelopes are back in the pew racks.
- Continue to use common sense in expressing acts of fellowship such as shaking hands, hugging, etc. If you are feeling a little under the weather but not sick enough to stay home, continue to use elbow bumps or air high-fives, and don’t be afraid to wear a mask.
- If you need to use the restroom during the service, please use the side aisles. Remember to wash your hands and/or use the hand sanitizer provided.
We appreciate your patience and prayers during this past year, and we give all the glory to our Lord whose grace has been more sufficient to guide and comfort us all.